Monday, April 8, 2013

Easter 3 Resource



Easter 3 Resource

The Church of the Nativity is conducting a debt reduction drive and is temporarily straying from the lectionary. However, here is a Call to Worship based on Psalm 30. Please use or adapt it if it is helpful to you.


Call to Worship    From Psalm 30

L: Praise you, O God! You rescued me! You lifted me over my enemies!
P: I cried out to you, Lord, and you healed me.
L: You drew me up from the grave, O God. You saved me from falling into the pit.
P: Sing, all you faithful! Bless God’s holy name!
L: For God’s anger lasts but a moment; God’s grace lasts a lifetime.
     Weeping may linger for a night, but joy comes in the morning.
P: Puffed up by prosperity, I bragged, “I’m invincible!”
L: By your grace, O Lord, you made me a strong mountain.
     But when you looked away; I fell apart.
P: Then I cried to you for help, O God. I begged your forgiveness and mercy.
     What good is it to you if I die? Can my dust praise you?
     Can I tell your faithfulness from the pit? Hear me, help me, gracious God!
L: Then you did it! You turned my mourning into dancing!
     You took off my sackcloth and clothed me with joy!
All: Now my soul is bursting with praise! I cannot keep silence!
     O Lord my God, I give thanks to you forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment