Monday, April 15, 2013

Good Shepherd Sunday Resource



Good Shepherd Sunday Resource

The Church of the Nativity is conducting a debt reduction drive and is temporarily straying from the lectionary. However, here are two Calls to Worship based on Psalms 23 and 100. Please use or adapt either if it is helpful to you.

 Call to Worship (from Psalm 23)

L: God, you are my shepherd! You care for all my needs.
P: You rest me in grassy meadows, you guide me to quiet pools.
L: True to your name, you lead me along the narrow path.
P: Even when we must go through Death Valley, I am not afraid.
L: For you are with me. Your shepherd’s staff cheers me.
P: You spread out a banquet for me while my enemies squirm.
L: You honor me as your guest. Your blessings spill over my cup.
P: Your kindness and love stream after me each day of my life.   
 All: And I will always return to live in your house, O God.


Call to Worship   From Psalm 100 (adapted to use inclusive language from the NRSV)

L: Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth.
P: Worship the Lord with gladness;
     come into God’s presence with singing.
L: Know that the Lord is God. It is God who made us, and we are his.
     We are God’s people, and the sheep of her pasture.
P: Enter God’s gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise.
     Give thanks to God, bless her name.
All: For the Lord is good; her steadfast love endures forever,
       and his faithfulness to all generations.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment